By now you know how important lead magnets are and just how effective they can be. They can help you get more leads, drive traffic into your marketing funnel, get you more sales, and make you more money overall as long as they’re done correctly. In addition to how to create them and what types are best to use there are some overall best practices that should be applied when working with lead magnets.
We’ve compiled a list of 7 best practices for lead magnets so that your lead magnets can be as effective and beneficial to you and your business as you want them to be.
7 Best Practices for Lead Magnets:
- 1. Understand what your target audience is looking for and give them exactly that. Decide what information your potential customers are looking for and use that information in a lead magnet.
- 2. Use your lead magnet as a stepping stone to the products or services you supply. Your lead magnet should answer the question or problem your potential client is having. This answer should always be, ‘Purchase our product or service, it will fix this for you.â?
- 3. Use your lead magnet to help you potential client make a purchase decision. Show them exactly what they need from you and why they need it.
- 4. Don’t sound trite. A lot of people don’t want to hear the same sales pitch over and over again, it turns them off to a product or service they might otherwise want. The idea behind a lead magnet is selling them on a product or service without using a sales pitch. Just make sure you do this in an original way, put your own spin on each lead magnet to set them apart from all the others floating around the internet.
- 5. Use your lead magnet to create a ‘Wow!â? moment. Elicit an emotional response in your potential customer by making them realize something amazing that will help them immensely.
- 6. Make your lead magnets easy to share. Your lead magnets should be enticing enough that people will want to share it with others once they’ve seen it. Make it easy for them to do this by supplying them with a PDF or another downloadable format.
- 7. Don’t try to be hip or trendy; Focus on value over trend. Trends come and go, but valuable information is something people will always need. Focus on value and need and not trends.
By applying these best practices to the creation and use of your lead magnets you will be able to see just how effective these can be. Lead magnets are essential in marketing and are continuing to gain popularity among businesses and companies who have an online presence. Digital marketing is the new frontier of advertising; without it you have nothing. One key to being successful in digital marketing is using tools like lead magnets to be strategic and meticulous in driving traffic and capturing leads.
If you’d like more information on lead magnets, best practices, or have any questions about this blog feel free to contact us. We’re more than happy to talk to you!